Process Development Engineer
To strengthen our R&D team in Amersfoort we are recruiting for a:
Process Development Engineer
- Investigates chemical aspects for continuous improvements to enhance, in close collaboration with the production department, the output of our chemical production plants in Weesp and Amersfoort;
- Evaluates new and different or improved raw materials in such a way that the new material(s) meets our quality specifications and can be used in production;
- Supports the new product development Stage Gate projects with a focus on the upscaling from lab-scale to production-scale in order to complete projects into a product launch;
- Makes adjustments to existing products, production processes and raw materials to meet stakeholders' expectations in particular production;
- Communicates effectively (in both English and Dutch) with stakeholders;
- Takes initiatives to ensure that both timing and outcome of plant support activities are aligned with project timelines and stakeholders’ expectations;
- Analyses ad hoc production issues related to production disturbances and reject materials, and provides recommendation how to resolve these;
- Informs relevant departments about production, storage and QHSE aspects of new products and new raw materials;
- Establishes product recipes based on developed or modified products and processes, and introduces and manages these recipes in ERP;
- Identifies and analyses trends and developments in the field of chemical aspects of production and engineering;
- Communicates both verbally as in writing the outcome of investigations to stakeholders.
- Bachelor or Master in (Organic) Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a similar field;
- You have a minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience as a Process Development Chemist preferably in the chemical industry;
- You want to take a second or third step in your career based on your previous experience;
- Preferably you are familiar with research & development using Stage Gate processes;
- You have a proven track record of successfully delivered projects with a focus on the improvement or modification of existing production processes;
- You can work under stress in a dynamic work environment (both ad hoc activities as well as planned projects) and possess excellent problem solving skills (focussed on continuous improvement);
- You are able to manage your own time given the number of activities and projects you will be involved in;
- Preferably you have experience with ERP processes;
- Excellent fluency in English and Dutch is a must (both verbal and written);
- Preferably you live within 35 km driving distance from Amersfoort and/or Weesp.
This is what we offer you:
- A challenging career in a dynamic and international family-owned business;
- Excellent employment conditions: besides a competitive salary, we offer flexible working hours, 13th month payment, a good pension scheme and a profit sharing scheme;
- Possibilities for personal development, such as opportunities for further education.
Fulltime, 40 hours per week
Smit & Zoon is not open for applicants that need to relocate for this position
About Smit & Zoon:
Smit & Zoon is a 7th generation family company (founded in 1821) and focusses on innovation and production of high-end sustainable raw materials for modification of leather. Our quality solutions are used by leather manufacturers worldwide for the automotive, upholstery, and the high-end fashion industry.
Smit & Zoon has grown into a recognized player in de leather industry. Our head office and one production site is situated in Weesp (the Netherlands), whereas the second production site is located in Amersfoort. In total we employ about 400 engaged employees in the Netherlands, Germany, Italy, China, India and Mexico. Smit & Zoon is a company with a clear focus and long-term vision. All of our team members are fully dedicated to make the leather value chain sustainable, in line with the vision of Smit towards 2025:
“To create a socially and environmentally sustainable leather supply chain”
In 2018 Smit & Zoon was awarded the EY Family Business Legacy award for entrepreneurship and adaptive skills in a turbulent and changing industry.
Do you want to contribute to the continuous chemical improvements to enhance the output of our production processes? For more information about this position or the Smit & Zoon organization, please contact Robin van Rijssel (Corporate Recruiter) at +31 6 2836 4808 or Click here.
Introduction of candidates by Recruitment agencies is neither appreciated nor wanted.
Enthusiastic? Apply now by sending your CV (resume).
Financial Controller / Business Analyst
Ben jij in staat om onze Financiële data terug te brengen naar concrete stuur informatie voor het manangement van Smit & Zoon?
As Online Marketeer you increase brand awareness and web traffic through the marketing of content offline but especially online. You are responsible for creating "shareable" content, distributing content on the appropriate platforms and measuring the results of marketing activity.